Monday, November 16, 2015

MrFurnell.com Homework 11.16.15

Dear Parents/Guardians:

We are reading The Outsiders this month. Our focus will center on social divide, friendship, loyalty and brotherly love.

Please assist your child with one of the three homework options listed below.

Our lesson today focused on the following excerpt:
The next thing I knew I was lying on the pavement beside the fountain, coughing water and gasping. I lay there weakly, breathing in air and spitting out water. The wind blasted through my soaked sweatshirt and dripping hair. My teeth chattered unceasingly and I couldn't stop them. I finally pushed myself up and leaned back against the fountain, the water running down my face. Then I saw Johnny. He was sitting next to me, one elbow on his knee, and staring straight ahead. He was a strange greenish-white, and his eyes were huger than I'd ever seen them. “I killed him," he said slowly. "I killed that boy."
Option 1: According to the text: Ponyboy “was lying on the pavement beside the fountain, coughing water and gasping”.   Based on the text, how might Ponyboy avoided this conflict?
Option 2: According to the text: Johnny killed a Soc: “. “I killed him," he said slowly. "I killed that boy."
Based on the text, what do you think will happen to him?

Option 3: Why did Johnny kill the Soc?

No comments:

Post a Comment