Tuesday, November 17, 2015

MrFurnell.com Homework 11.17.15

Dear Parents/Guardians:

We are reading The Outsiders this month. Our focus will center on social divide, friendship, loyalty and brotherly love.

Please assist your child with one of the three homework options listed below.

Our lesson today focused on the following excerpt:
I WOKE UP LATE IN the afternoon. For a second I didn't know where I was. You know how it is, when you wake up in a strange place and wonder where in the world you are, until memory comes rushing over you like a wave. I half convinced myself that I had dreamed everything that had happened the night before. I'm really home in bed, I thought. It's late and both Darry and Sodapop are up. Darry's cooking breakfast, and in a minute he and Soda will come in and drag me out of bed and wrestle me down and tickle me until I think I'll die if they don't stop. It's me and Soda's turn to do the dishes after we eat, and then we'll all go outside and play football. Johnny and Two-Bit and I will get Darry on our side, since Johnny and I are so small and Darry's the best player. It'll go like the usual weekend morning. I tried telling myself that while I lay on the cold rock floor, wrapped up in Dally's jacket and listening to the wind rushing through the trees' dry leaves outside.
Option 1: According to the text: Ponyboy claims “For a second I didn't know where I was. You know how it is, when you wake up in a strange place and wonder where in the world you are, until memory comes rushing over you like a wave.”
Why do you think he feels this way?
Option 2: According to the text: Ponyboy was laying “on the cold rock floor"
Based on the text, why was here there?

Option 3: How is Ponyboy feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment