Friday, November 13, 2015

MrFurnell.com Homework 11.13.15

Dear Parents/Guardians:

We are reading The Outsiders this month. Our focus will center on social divide, friendship, loyalty and brotherly love.

Please assist your child with one of the three homework options listed below.

Our lesson today focused on the following excerpt:
…I ducked and tried to run for it, but the Soc caught my arm and twisted it behind my back, and shoved my face into the fountain. I fought, but the hand at the back of my neck was strong and I had to hold my breath. I'm dying, I thought, and wondered what was happening to Johnny. I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I fought again desperately but only sucked in water. I'm drowning, I thought, they've gone too far... A red haze filled my mind and I slowly relaxed.
Option 1: According to the text: A “Soc caught [Ponyboy’s] arm and twisted it behind [his] back, and shoved [his] face into the fountain.
Based on the text: What caused this conflict?
Option 2: According to the text: “[Ponyboy]  couldn't hold [his] breath any longer”
Based on the text, what was happneing to him?

Option 3: Why are the Socs and greasers fighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment