Tuesday, November 10, 2015

MrFurnell.com Homework 11.10.15

Dear Parents/Guardians:

We are reading The Outsiders this month. Our focus will center on social divide, friendship, loyalty and brotherly love.

Please assist your child with one of the three homework options listed below.

Our lesson today focused on the following excerpt:
 I ran home, trembling at the thought of facing Darry. The porch light was on. Maybe they were asleep and I could sneak in, I thought. I peeked in the window.
Sodapop was stretched out on the sofa, sound asleep, but Darry was in the armchair under the lamp, reading the newspaper. I gulped, and opened the door softly. Darry looked up from his paper. He was on his feet in a second. I stood there, chewing on my fingernail.
"Where the heck have you been? Do you know what time it is?"
He was madder than I'd seen him in a long time. I shook my head wordlessly.

Option 1: According to the text: . Ponyboyran home, trembling at the thought of facing Darry.”

Based on the text, why do you think Darry feels this way? Is this anger our of love or something else?

Option 2: According to the text: Darry was “madder than [Ponyboy had] seen him in a long time.”

Based on the text: Why do you think this is the case?

No comments:

Post a Comment